System Sensor Conventional FAAST 8100 VESDA System
The FAAST XM aspirating smoke detector combines dual source (blue LED and infra-red laser) optical smoke detection with advanced algorithms to detect a wide range of fires while maintaining enhanced immunity to nuisance particulates.
This enables FAAST XM to accurately detect incipient fire conditions as early as 30 to 60 minutes before a fire actually starts for early Warning Fire Detection and Very Early Warning Fire Detection.
For initial system creation, the PipeIQ** software guides users through pipe layout. The software also provides intuitive control over system configuration and ongoing system monitoring. An installed device by Fire Projects can be monitored through its integral display, from a computer connected to the device, remotely through a web browser when the detector is connected to a network or by Modbus/TCP protocol over Ethernet. Fire projects help clients to connect system to a mail server, FAAST XM can also email status updates to appropriate personnel. The detector can also communicate alarm levels, urgent and minor faults, and isolate inputs via eight forms C relays.
To enable a full detection strategy, Fire Projects will combines FAAST XM’s advanced communications capabilities with an extensive range of customizable settings. The detector provides five alarm levels that can be programmed for latching or non-latching relays. To accommodate specific codes or environments, alarm delays can be set anywhere between 0 to 60 seconds. FAAST XM also supports two sensitivity modes: In Acclimate™ mode, the detector automatically adjusts itself to current environmental conditions to reduce nuisance alarms. Day/ Night/Weekend mode enables technicians to preset alarm thresholds based on routine changes in the environment.
Select Fire Projects for new implementation of System Sensors – FAAST 8100 optical smoke detection with advanced algorithms to detect a wide range of fires for small to medium size datacenter, UPS room, medical facilities, and telecommunication facilities. We support our clients from Designing up to Commissioning up to AMC. We also provide AMC–Annual Maintenance Contracts for all types of Fire & security Systems. If you required new installation or AMC of VESDA system, contact Fire Projects today!
• Approved for use in Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, and D Hazardous Locations
• Detection as precise as 0.00029 %/ft obscuration
• Five alarm levels and two sensitivity modes provide application flexibility
• Dual flow detection including both ultrasonic and electronic sensing for pipe and chamber air flow measurement
• A single device protects up to 8,000 sq. ft. (743 sq.m)*
• Advanced detection algorithms reject common nuisance conditions
• Patented particle separator and field-replaceable filter remove contaminants from the system
• PipeIQ® software provides intuitive system layout, configuration, and monitoring all in one package
• Onboard Ethernet interface enables remote monitoring and e-mail status updates
• Monitoring and configuration via Modbus/TCP protocol over Ethernet
• Fault indictors exhibit a broad spectrum of events
• Unique air flow pendulum graph verifies pipe network functionality
• Particulate graph displays subtle environmental changes for early problem indications
Electrical Specifi cations:
- External Supply Voltage: 18-30 VDC
- Remote Reset Time: External monitor must be pulled low for a minimum of 100 ms
- Power Reset: 1 sec.
- Avg. Operating Current: 415 mA, 10.0 W @ 24 VDC
- Alarm: 465 mA, 11.2W @ 24VDC – All relays active, all alarm levels displayed
- Relay Contact Ratings: 3.0 A @ 30 VDC, 0.5 A @ 125 VAC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F (0°C) to 100°F (38°C); Factory tested to 122oF (50oC)
- Sampled Air Temperature: -4°F (-20°C) to 140°F (60°C)
- Humidity Range: 10 to 95% (non-condensing)
- IP Rating: IP30
- Coverage Area: 8,000 sq. ft. (800 sq. m)
- Air Movement: 0-4,000 ft./min. (0-1,219 m/min.)
Physical Specifi cations:
- Height: 13.25 inches (33.7 cm)
- Width: 13.0 inches (33 cm)
- Depth: 5.0 inches (12.7 cm)
- Cable Access: 4 1-inch (2.54 cm) cable entry holes on top and bottom of unit
- Wire Gauge: 12 AWG (2.05 mm) max. to 24 AWG (0.5 mm) min.
- Maximum Single Pipe Length 262 ft. (80 m)
- Total Aggregate Length: 450 ft. (137m)
- Network Outside Pipe Diameter: 1.050 inches, IPS (25 mm)
- Internal Pipe Diameter: 0.591 to 0.827 inches (15-21mm)
- Sensitivity Range: 0.00029% Obs/ft to 6.25% Obs/ft (0.00095% Obs/m to 20.5%Obs/m)
- Relays: 8 form C, 3 AMP, programmable latching or non-latching
- Event Log: 18,000 events stored
- Communication Network: Ethernet monitoring, 6 E-mail address alerts,Modbus/TCP
- Shipping Weight: 11.6 lbs (5.26kg), includes packing material